My first action was to read the chapters I have written so far. Ouch, doesn't look too good but I am assured that this is par for the course for a first draft. The story itself still excites me, so I guess I just pick up where I left off and leave improving it until later.
One of the first things which I have been making notes about is to fill in the structure of the story, the outline. I am preparing a list of "titles" for the scenes in the next part of the story. To this end I am trying to put a little flesh on the bones of the story by preparing some visualisations as discussed in a reccent post.
So far I have dealt with:-
- an introduction to the story,
- the magical accident which results in an evil twin of King Eadwyne being "born" as an adult,
- how this twin (who becomes known as FEAR) begins to explore the castle and
- the discovery of the library of magic by FEAR
- and how Dinbar, Eadwyne's Court Magician is used by FEAR to learn how to use the power of the library for his own evil ends.
(check out my photography blog for how I did this, or use the page menu at the top of the page).